Friday, May 28, 2010

I think I'll go for a walk outside...

...the summer sun's calling my name (I hear ya now). I just can't stay inside all day...

Where are those lines from? Huh? Anyone? :)

I sure tried staying inside all day, but my 3:30 lunch after my 6 AM coffee took it's toll on me. I felt SO SICK! I couldn't nap either...so at 7:00, I got my pink shoes on and grabbed my iPod and went for a walk. I even picked up the pace at two points along the walk (I picked a starting point and and ending point and I made it to both ending points!)

I just wanted to share a few of the "little things" - Some of which I wish I would have brought my "small" camera to capture...

1. Mid-20's age "girl", not really in shape, wearing work boots and a pleated skirt, "little top" with her belly hanging out...mowing the lawn.

2. The smell of the freshly cut grass and the last of the lilacs blooming.

3. The smell of people grilling out!

4. Neighbors gathering outside - just chatting....

and the best one of all...

5. I care with the license plate that said: ROO
I kid you not! It just made me smile and say - I'm really out here for a reason!

(For those of you that don't know...Roo is the name my sister Kris gave me when I was younger...my dad usually calls me that...but she raised it up again when my niece and nephew were born and I'm Auntie Roo to them...and Roo to others.) So seeing that plate...really cool. Worth dragging a camera around next time...just in case it's at the same house again.

No comments:

Post a Comment